In need of inspiration?
There are many organisations that can help you with your extended project. Here are just a few
The National STEM Centre’s support group has information about research libraries and collections, project ideas, research skills and how to contact subject specialists.
- The rest of the ‘Big Picture’ site presents cutting-edge biological research and could help to inspire all sorts of ideas.
- Nowgen offers support for EPQ students who want to explore applications and implications of genomics.
- Science and Plants for Schools has a guide to planning an investigation and topics to help stimulate project ideas in the areas of botany and ecology.
- The Institute of Physics has a dedicated section for EPQs, including case studies.
- The National Schools Observatory has datasets and resources for students interested in astronomy.
- Salters Horners Advanced Physics makes suggestions for further investigations that could be developed into an EPQ.
- Salters Chemistry makes suggestions for chemistry investigations.
- Maths in Education and Industry has resources and contacts to support maths EPQs.