Planning an artefact
Incorporate these steps into your design process
- Your artefact will need to have a specific purpose. Before you start creating it, write down what you’re trying to achieve. This is your ‘design brief’.
- Work out the most feasible design. Do some background research and some modelling.
- Think about the ethics of your project.
- Decide what materials you will need, and where you will source them from.
- Create it, revising your design if necessary.
- Keep a log book throughout, documenting your process. Will you capture data from your artefact?
- Think about how you will test your artefact to ensure it meets your original aims.