Related links for ‘Big Picture: Obesity’
Links to key websites that focus on issues and concerns about obesity
Organisations and initiatives
- British Nutrition Foundation (BNF), a scientific and educational charity that promotes and disseminates evidence-based nutritional knowledge and advice.
- World Obesity Federation, which works to alert the world of the growing health crisis threatened by obesity and acts to persuade governments to take action now.
- The Food Commission, which campaigns for safer, healthier food in the UK.
General articles and links
- Association for the Study of Obesity (ASO), which has a variety of fact sheets on obesity.
- Biozone has a selection of links to nutrition-related websites.
- European obesity – which countries have the fattest men, women and children? BBC Radio 4 – The Food Programme (31 October 2004)
- BBC Science: Frequently asked questions on obesity
- Intute: A gateway to a selection of obesity links.