Related links for ‘Big Picture: Music, Mind and Medicine’
Fascinated by this topic? Follow these links to discover more
- BBC Science and Nature article on hearing, which includes an animation and descriptions of the different parts of the ear.
- Deaf Rave, parties organised by deaf people for deaf people.
- Nature essays on science and music, which explore what scientific research has to say about music – what it is, why we make it, how we make it, why we listen to it and how it is changing.
- Science of Music: Exploratorium’s Accidental Scientist explores the science of music through online exhibits, movies and questions.
- The Musical Brain, a project funded by a Wellcome Trust People Award that explores what happens in the brain when we listen to and create music. Led by composer and music therapist Nigel Osborne, the project hosts lectures, workshops, open rehearsals, discussions and concerts.